The Unseen Dummy Award is a collaboration between Unseen and Lecturis which showcases the work of exceptional photographers from around the world and gives them a chance to publish their photobook dummy. In 2019, the 8th edition of Unseen Dummy Award will introduce the winning photographer to the international photography industry.
Discover the previous winners:
2018: Ubuntu by Rebecca Fertinel
2017: Cry of an Echo by Malgorzata Stankiewicz
2016: I Loved My Wife (killing children is good for the economy) by Dieter de Lathauwer
2015: Tiger 2 by Yoshinori Masuda
2014: Unusual View of Unknown Subjects by Simon Rimaz
2013: Tranquility by Heikki Kaski
2012: The Country of Rising Sun by Shinji Otani
WHO CAN ENTER
The Unseen Dummy Award is open to all designers and photographers.
- Submission must be a physical photobook dummy.
- Submitted dummies may not be (self-)published and offered for (pre)sale prior to the award.
- Submitted dummies may not be already confirmed for publishing by an existing publisher.
- All image and text rights must be secured upon submission.
- There is a limit of one book entry per candidate to be completed via the online application form.
- An administration fee of €30 is charged to cover the operational costs, general administration and postage, and it must be paid at the time of application.
- Dummies should be submitted to the following address: Unseen Dummy Award, Keizersgracht 520 H, 1017 EK Amsterdam.
A pre-selection of 40 photobook dummies maximum will be made prior to Unseen Amsterdam 2019. You will receive an email notification if your work has been included in this selection. This selection of photobook dummies will be exhibited during Unseen Amsterdam from 20th to 22nd of September 2019.
The final selection will take place at Unseen Amsterdam 2019. An esteemed jury will select up to three runners up and announce the winning dummy on Friday 20th of September 2019.
Submissions will be accepted by post starting from the 1st of April until the 1st of August.
Please note: your dummy should arrive at the office of Unseen by the date of the 1st of August. Submissions arriving later than this date will not be considered.
All submissions that are not selected will be shipped back to the return address specified in the application form during the month of September-October 2019.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Unseen Dummy Award winner, Unseen Amsterdam, 2018 © Almichael Fraay