Six scouts in Europe have been invited to select between six and eight photography talents from a specific region. In order to qualify, these talents must have graduated within the last five years and must be based in one of these countries. The cultural scouts from this year are:
- Simon Bainbridge (Editorial Director British Journal of Photography, UK)
- Sena Cakirkaya (Head of Photography Department, Istanbul Modern, TR)
- Paul di Felice (Founder Café-Crème edition and Board Member European Month of Photography, LU)
- Maria Garcia Yelo (Director PHotoEspana, ES)
- Felix Hoffmann (Chief Curator, C/O Berlin, DE)
- Adam Mazur (Editor in Chief Szum Magazine, PL)
The 2016 ING Unseen Talent Award long list includes: Thomas Albdorf (AU), Carlos Alba (ES), Kerem Ozan Bayraktar (TR), Laurianne Bixhain (LU), Lucian Bran (RO), Álvaro Calvo (ES), Federico Clavarino (IT), Gerardo Custance (FR), Raphaël Dallaporta (FR), Damien Daufresne (FR), Robert Frankle (LU), Kirill Golovchenko (UA), Anna Grzelewska (PL), Sarah Hablützel (CH), Felicity Hammond (UK), Dominic Hawgood (UK), Paul Hutchinson (DE), Mattia Insolera (IT), Sam Ivin (UK), Kemê (ES), Vendula Knopova (CZ/SK), Yulia Krivich (PL/UA), Magda Kuca (PL), Tina Lechner (AU), Theresa Martinat (DE), Nikola Mihov (BG), Stefanie Moshammer (AU), Irene O'Callaghan (NL), Miren Pastor (ES), Helena Petersen (DE), Sevim Sancaktar (TR), Michal Sierakowski (PL), Selim Süme (TR), Paulina Otylie Surys (UK), Katy Strange (NL), Inge Trienekens (NL), Gianfranco Trippodo (IT), Peter Watkins (UK), Maja Wirkus (DE), Wiktoria Wojciechowska (PL), Cemre Yesil (TR), Tereza Zelenkova (CZ), Marta Zgierska (PL), Lily Zoumpouli (GR) and Sylwana Zybura (UK).