Unseen Amsterdam is one of the world’s leading art fairs. Unseen as a platform focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
Since its first edition in 2012, Unseen has offered a wide and diverse audience a strong and substantial programme. Unseen Amsterdam includes the Fair, CO-OP, the Book Market, the Living Room, and a number of exhibitions and onsite projects. The seventh edition of Unseen Amsterdam will take place at Westergasfabriek from 21 to 23 September 2018.
Unseen is looking for a Communications Assistant to join the team of Marketing & Communications of Unseen Amsterdam.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with writing and editing the communication materials for Unseen Amsterdam 2018, both print and online
- Compile and edit all the written materials for the programme booklet
- Support the Communications team with the online communication campaign in the lead-up to Unseen Amsterdam
- Partially responsible for creating a ground team (consisting of writers and photographers) who can document Unseen Amsterdam; you will help coordinate this team and assist as required
- Native English speaker (British English preferred)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- In-depth knowledge of photography
- Experience with editing and proof reading
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- A proactive attitude and good team spirit
This position is available from the 2nd of July until the 28th of September 2018. The role is 4 days per week. Unseen offers an internship fee.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mirjam ten Have, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is the 11th of June 2018.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the position via the email address provided or call +31 (0)6 46 10 98 68.
Top image: Onsite Projects, Unseen Amsterdam 2017 © Almicheal Fraay