Unseen Amsterdam is one of the world’s leading art fairs. Unseen as a platform focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
Unseen Magazine addresses the current state of photography through a rich and discursive compendium of essays, articles, and conversations, including a wide array of interviews with artists exhibiting their work at each year’s event. The magazine thus serves a second function as catalogue for each annual edition of Unseen Amsterdam.
Unseen is looking for an editorial assistant to join the young and ambitious team of Unseen Magazine.
- You will assist the Editor-in-Chief and the Editor of the Unseen Magazine with artist interviews, editing and the production of the magazine
- You will be conducting interviews with international emerging and established artists and will write articles based on these interviews
- You will edit all the content of Unseen Magazine together with the Editor once the interviews have been completed
• Native English speaker (British English preferred)
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• In-depth knowledge of photography
• Experience with editing and proof reading
• Attention to detail
• Excellent time management
• A proactive attitude and good team spirit
This position is three to four days a week and is available from the 1st of March until the 31st of July 2018. Unseen offers an internship fee.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mirjam ten Have, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is the 22nd of February 2018.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the position via the email address provided or call +31 (0)6 46 10 98 68.
Top image: CO-OP, Unseen Amsterdam 2017 © Maarten Nauw