The call for the Unseen Dummy Award 2018 is now open!
Unseen and Lecturis continue their collaboration and join forces once again to showcase the work of exceptional photographers and designers from around the world to give them the chance to realise and publish their photobook dummy. An esteemed international jury will come together at Unseen Amsterdam 2018 to select one photobook dummy as the winner and give the winning artist an entry into the international photography industry.
Discover the previous winners:
2017: Cry of an Echo by Malgorzata Stankiewicz
2016: I Loved My Wife (killing children is good for the economy) by Dieter de Lathauwer
2015: Tiger 2 by Yoshinori Masuda
2014: Unusual View of Unknown Subjects by Simon Rimaz
2013: Tranquility by Heikki Kaski
2012: The Country of Rising Sun by Shinji Otani
WHO CAN ENTER
- The Unseen Dummy Award is open to all designers and photographers.
- Submit your application via the online form.
- Submission must be a physical photobook dummy.
- Submitted dummies may not be (self-)published and offered for (pre)sale prior to the award.
- Submitted dummies may not be already confirmed for publishing by an existing publisher.
- All image and text rights must be secured upon submission.
- There is a limit of one book entry per candidate to be completed via the online application form.
- Administration fee of €30 is charged to cover the operational costs, general administration and postage, and it must be paid at the time of application.
- Dummies should be submitted to the following address: Unseen Dummy Award, Herengracht 213-2, 1016 BG Amsterdam.
A pre-selection of maximum 50 photobook dummies will be made prior to Unseen 2018. You will receive an email notification if your work has been included in this selection. This selection of photobook dummies will be exhibited during Unseen 2018 in Amsterdam from 21st to 23rd of September 2018.
The final selection will take place at Unseen 2018. An esteemed jury will select up to three runners up and announce the winning dummy on Friday 21st of September 2018.
Submissions will be accepted by post starting from the 1st of April 2018 until the 10th of August.
Please note: your dummy should arrive at the office of Unseen by the date of the 10th of August. Submissions arriving later than this date will not be considered.
All submissions that are not selected will be shipped back to the return address specified in the application form during the month of September 2018.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top image: Book Market, Unseen Amsterdam 2017 © Davide Degano