The call for the Unseen Dummy Award 2017 is now closed!
In 2016 the international jury selected the dummy by Belgian artist Dieter de Lathauwer I Loved My Wife (killing children is good for the economy) to be published. The publication launch coincided with the opening of the exhibition of the same project in Botanique, Brussels and is now available in selected stores and online.
Unseen and Lecturis continue their collaboration and join forces once again to showcase the work of exceptional photographers and designers from around the world to give them the chance to realise and publish their photobook dummy. An esteemed international jury will come together at Unseen Amsterdam 2017 to select one photobook dummy as the winner and give the winning artist an entry into the international photography industry.
WHO CAN ENTER
- The Unseen Dummy Award is open to all designers and photographers.
- Submission must be a physical photobook dummy.
- Books submitted for Unseen Dummy Award may not be (self-)published and offered for (pre)sale prior to the award.
- All image and text rights must be secured upon submission.
- There is a limit of one book entry per candidate, to be completed via the online application form.
- Administration fee of €30 is charged to cover the operational costs, general administration and postage, and it must be paid at the time of application.
- Please post your photobook dummy to the following address: Unseen Dummy Award De Ruijterkade 127, 1011 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
A pre-selection of maximum 50 photobook dummies will be made prior to Unseen 2017. You will receive an email notification if your work has been included in this selection. This selection of photobook dummies will be exhibited during Unseen 2017 in Amsterdam from 21st to 24th of September 2017.
The final selection will take place at Unseen 2017. An esteemed jury will select the five finalists and announce the winning dummy on Friday 22nd of September 2017.
The 2017 jury comprises of Paul van Mameren (Managing Director, Lecturis), Ann-Christin Bertrand (Curator, C/O Berlin), Rémi Coignet (Editor in Cheif, The Eyes Magazine), Delphine Bedel (Photographer, Lecturer, Curator and Publisher) and Dieter De Lathauwer (Photographer and winner of the 2016 edition of the Unseen Dummy Award 2016). You can find out more about them here.
Submissions are now closed for the 2017 edition of the Unseen Dummy Award.
Please note, that submissions arriving after the 10th of August will not be considered unless specified otherwise.
All submissions that are not selected will be shipped back to the return address specified in the application form during the month of August 2017.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com